1. Instead of paying for a brush-cleaning mat, make a DIY version with a paper plate and hot glue!
Simply make stray marks with the hot glue on the plate and let it dry. Then, use lukewarm water and soap and swirl your brushes into the mixture against the glue to really get the makeup off! Here’s the full tutorial.
2. Use this tip (get it?) to make a dried-out eyeliner pen work like new again.
Here’s the full description.
3. If you can’t find your perfect mascara, make a cocktail of your favorite wand and formula to get the lashes you actually want.
You can mix curling with lengthening, thickening, and separating, or simply add a waterproof topcoat to your favorite mascara. Here are some v. good options.
4. Learn what that tutorial means when it refers to the “waterline” and “outer v” of your eye.
It’s easier to follow along with that YouTube tutorial if you know the lingo! Read the full descriptions here.
5. Clean everything that comes into contact with your face to decrease the amount of bacteria that comes into contact with your skin. That stuff can seriously mess you up.
Read more tips for clear skin here.
6. Use an empty (clean!) plastic tampon applicator to save your fingernail polish when you want to redo your toes.
More info here.
7. Disguise blue-ish under eye circles with a few dabs of red lipstick.
It works just like a color-correcting concealer, neutralizing the purplish-blue tones under your eyes. After applying, gently dab to blend it in like you would any other concealer, then apply your foundation as usual (learn more concealer tips and trickshere). From here.