COURSE: MAIN COURSE
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 4 SERVINGS
CALORIES: 177 KCAL
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 398ml can pineapple chunks with juice 14 oz
- 3 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add pineapple chunks with juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper to the Instant Pot (mine is a 6 quart). Stir until combined.
- Add chicken breasts on top of the pineapple.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to sealing. Set to Manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- When the timer goes, turn the Instant Pot off. You can do a quick release or wait 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot to saute, and adjust to less heat. Stir together the corn starch and water and stir into the sauce (you can take the chicken out to do this but it’s not necessary!). Cook and stir until the sauce has thickened, and then turn off.
- Serve chicken immediately over rice, noodles or with a side of veggies.